Wednesday 9 June 2010

Slow Start

Finally, my first post! I have been planning this blog for months, but I got so caught up with getting it just right that I never actually started. I have called it Woolly Fish because my original plan was to talk about my knitting and fish keeping. I had bought a nice, new aquarium when I registered, and planned to take pictures as it established. Well… It has been established for a long time, I have made quite a few bits and pieces, shifted my focus to sewing (I still knit, though), and have moved house (and fish tank).

My husband is an artist. He can paint and draw, write music, sing, and play instruments with seemingly little effort. Everything he does is self-taught. For years I have been envious of his creativity. I am a musician as well, but I am classically trained and cannot write anything of my own no matter how hard I try. I am not sure that will change, but I am certain there is some creativity inside me somewhere, and I am hoping this blog will encourage me to find and develop it. I will use the first few entries to catch up on projects I have completed since the false start to this blog, and hopefully have more projects to share soon.

I am just learning, so I don’t expect anyone to be amazed by my efforts, but I hope you can see improvement over time, and that you enjoy reading this! I probably won’t be so wordy after this entry, but I might be slow in posting for a while until I get my own internet access in our new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment